Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I'm "certifiable" :) (Pre CHA Summer 11)


Ok so ya'll already knew that. Right after the crop in April I received an email from a lovely woman named Sally, she was inviting me to participate in a stampmaker certification course before CHA this summer. It was an all day training where I would learn all the ins and outs and finer details of making stamps, stencils, and embossing plates with the Teresa Collins Photocentric Stampmaker. When done if I could prove to them I knew the process I would become certified as a Stampmaker instructor.

Well I had been wanting to try this and was super excited to be asked, so I jumped at the chance to take the course. There were 16 of us that learned all about the UV reactive polymer that creates the stamps. Then we learned all the finer points of making the stamps, including how to take photographs and turn them into stamps as well.

The people from Photocentric were fabulous (and had such wonderful English accents they made me miss my grandma :) I also got to meet Lara Scott. Lara is their designer, and Education Coordinator (and also has fabulous sets of stamps just released.) The small world story about Lara is she is really good friends Dawn McDowell. Dawn and I met eons ago online at Scrapbook Jungle and because of homeschooling, and scrapbooking, and life (and cause she's just such a fabulous person) just hit it off. Lara is just as nice as Dawn is!

My "trial" class will be in the beginning of August. I'll have them open to the "masses" soon. So be looking for a Photocentric class from me coming up in the near future.


2 comments:

  1. Lucky woman to be invited and sounds like you had lots of fun learning it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like such a fun class! Have you been making stamps like crazy? It sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete